CDBG & HOME Subrecipient Grants
The 2020-2021 Non-Profit Subrecipient Application Cycle is now OPEN!!!
**Please view this handout about grant application guidelines BEFORE beginning the application at: https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/burlington/Participant **
This application is for the following types of grants:
* Public Services
* Public Facilities Upgrades
* CHDO (Community Housing Development Organization): Rental & Homebuyer acquisition, rehabilitation, or new construction; Direct financial assistance to homebuyers for CHDO-developed units
* HOME Grant Subrecipient (homeowner rehabilitation; homebuyer and rental new construction; tenant-based rental assistance)
Please keep the following in mind:
* The grant application will remain open until Friday, March 13, 2020 at 5pm --- NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
* Applications will only be accepted online at: https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/burlington/Participant
* To start a new application, everyone needs to start a new application for Public Services Grants, regardless of what type of grant you are applying for.
* Everyone will not be funded. Our total public services allocation is capped at 15% of our total CDBG grant allocation + previous year program income (roughly a total of $80,000 for Public Services grants).
* Your application is not complete until all required documents are submitted.
* Each CDBG application will be reviewed to determine:
- CDBG Eligibility
- Financial Capacity/Stability
- Project fits into the priorities set out by the Consolidated Plan
- Recent Problems
The CDBG applicant rating system for the first stage can be found here. Applicants will need at least 50 points to move to stage two.
* HOME Subrecipient and CHDO applicants will be rated according to HOME regulations (https://files.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/MonitoringHOME_Guidebook.pdf).
- HOME Eligibility
- Program Complexity
- Project Complexity
- Financial Stability
- Past Compliance Problems